Layer2 Tilemap Demo
Example using Layer2 tilemap rendering for the ZX Spectrum Next.
Use WASD keys to scroll tilemap
Edit configure.m4 to change various settings:
|SCREEN_RES||Screen resolution: RES_256x192 or RES_320x256|
|USE_ASM_VERSION||Use the assembly or C version|
|ALIGN_MOD_LUT||Use align version for mod LUTs|
|MAP_Y_FIRST||Use tile y first order|
|CRT_6000||Set CRT location as 0x6000 or 0x8000|
How to Build
If you want to build the zxnext_layer2_tilemap program yourself, follow the steps below:
Download the zxnext_layer2_tilemap repository either as a ZIP archive using the
"Clone or download" button at the top of this page or with Git using the
- Go to the zxnext_layer2_tilemap directory and enter the following command:
- Run the zxnext_layer2_tilemap/bin/zxnext_layer2_tilemap.nex file in your
Sinclair ZX Spectrum emulator.
- Michael Ware for innumerable help with the Next hardware, z80 asm and optimizations
- Sefan Bylund for his z88dk examples on which these are based
- Peter Ped Helcmanovsky for help and optimizations
- Allan Albright for help with z88dk
This software is licensed under the terms of the MIT license.